Since we are getting closer to summer here in the US what a better place to visit than a beautiful beach not too far away from the border.
Los Cabos are located in the very south side of the Baja California Sur Peninsula in Mexico. The two resort towns that are part of Los Cabos are Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. This last one is where you will be arriving in case you are traveling via air.
The Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of California (also known as Sea of Cortez) surround this paradise destination.
Compared to other destinations I have talked about Cabo doesn’t have too many places to visit. However, this doesn’t mean there are not enough attractions in Cabo for you to do.
You will be able to find several fun things to do in Cabo Mexico either as a couple or if you are traveling with kids.
The sea, the sand and the sun will be your best friends during your trip.
It offers luxurious spa-hotels, excellent golf resorts and of course an ocean full of interesting activities.
Here are some of people’s favorite fun things to do in Cabo Mexico.
- Golf.- Play at world-class breathtaking golf courses.
- Fishing.- If you love fishing then Cabo is your place. Specially in the Sea of Cortez you can find fish like the Hawaiian Mahimahi, the Marlin, Yellowfin Tuna, Wahoo, Pargo and Grouper among other species.
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving.- With some much crystalline water surrounding Cabo it would be a shame not to explore it from beneath.
- Spas.- If your trip is about relaxing you will find world class spas with all of the amenities you are looking for.
- Shopping.- Whether you just want to go to outdoor markets or a more traditional mall like Puerto Paraiso, Cabo San Lucas has enough for both types of shopping.
- Surfing.- Enjoy of the great waves the Pacific Ocean has to offer.
- Sun Bathing.- Plain and simple, you’ll get plenty of this anywhere you go.
- Whale Watching.- Between the months of December and March you can witness this unique experience.
- Turtle Release.- Be part of this once in a lifetime experience during the months of September and November.
- Water Sports.- Enjoy activities like kayaking, water skiing and jet ski at this magnificent resort.
- Horseback Riding.- Ride along the beach with style on a horse for hours of fun.
- Skydiving.- Pump up that adrenaline with this extreme activity.
- Nightlife.- Just like other Mexican resort destinations Cabo is known as a great place to party not only for “sprinbreakers” but for everyone that is looking for this type of fun. Places like Cabo Wabo Cantina and El Squid Roe are among the favorites.
View Los Cabos Mexico in a larger map
Tourists from all over the world but specially from different parts of the country and from the United Sates travel to Los Cabos each year. Events like weddings, honeymoons, business meetings, romantic getaways or just a dreamed vacation are some of the reason why people chose this place.
If Cabo is not your choice but you are still looking for a beach as a destination then check out this previous post about some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
|Activities in Los Cabos||Reference|
|Snorkeling, kayaking, whale watching, turtle release||http://www.bajawild.com|